1 hr 15 mins
famous Arabic Recipe Taken from: http://totallyfreerecipes.blogspot.com/2011/06/meat-kibbeh.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg processed kibbeh meat mutton or 1 kg beef
- 4 cups white fine cracked wheat (burghal)
- 1 cup semolina, sameed
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon pepper, paste
- cold water (to knead the kibbeh)
- oil to fry the kibbeh
- 1wash the cracked wheat and drain.
- 2Add the smeed samolina , salt , pepper past and onion also the processed meat and knead all of it into kibbeh dough.( dip your hands in water to facilitate the kneading process and add more water if necessary .
- 3To prepare the filling melt the butter and fry the onions until pale add the ground meat and salt and cook until the meat changes color and the water has evaporated stir in the spices and the nuts mix well . Leave aside to cool down.
- 4Divide the kibbeh dough into small walnut size lumps.
- 5Take each lump and make a hole in the middle dip finger in water and in large that hole with finger and fill with ground meat stuffing . Bring together the sides and shape into long sharp edge kibbes.
- 6Arrange in tray next to each other repeat the procedure with all of the kibbe.
- 7Heat oil in deep frying pan and fry the kibbeh few at a time until golden crispy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meat Kibbeh
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1292.5
- Calories from Fat 606
- Total Fat 67.3 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 262.9 mg
- Sodium 2606.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 81.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: