Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From an island style cookbook that came in the mail from the city council.
- 2 stalk green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 283.90 ml shoyu
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml sesame seed oil
- 0.5 ml pepper
- 453.59 g flank steak, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 29.58 ml shoyu
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml sesame seeds
- Combine green onion, garlic, 1/2 cup shoyu, 1/2 cup sugar, sesame oil and dash of pepper for marinade.
- Soak meat in marinade for at least 3 hours, best if overnight.
- Coat marinated meat with flour then dip into egg.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Combine 2 tbsp shoyu, vinegar, 1 teaspoon sugar, sesame seeds and a dash of pepper for dipping sauce.