Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From an island style cookbook that came in the mail from the city council.
Make and share this Meat Jun recipe from Food.com.
- 2 stalks green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups shoyu
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 2 dashes pepper
- 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons shoyu
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Combine green onion, garlic, 1/2 cup shoyu, 1/2 cup sugar, sesame oil and dash of pepper for marinade.
- Soak meat in marinade for at least 3 hours, best if overnight.
- Coat marinated meat with flour then dip into egg.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Combine 2 tbsp shoyu, vinegar, 1 teaspoon sugar, sesame seeds and a dash of pepper for dipping sauce.