Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is fabulous for "Mexican Stack" which is great for a large get-together such as a football party or a church group as it serves a lot of people inexpensively. A Mexican Stack consists of most ingredients being served separately and each person is able to pick and choose what they want to put on their plate. The food line begins with a base such as rice or tortilla chips, then topped with meat and beans (this recipe), cheese, avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, sour cream, etc. Have a party and let each person bring something different for the Stack! It's fun and everyone gets something that they like. I got this from a friend at church.
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 3 (14 ounce) cans tomatoes, diced
- 2 (29 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 -3 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 28 ounces ranch style beans or 28 ounces pinto beans
- Brown meat and onion.
- Drain grease.
- Add other ingredients and simmer for 1 hour.