Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tweak this lunch idea a hundred different ways to find your own flavour. The thin pancake makes a perfect jacket for a tasty meat filling. I use ground pork or beef and add paprika for an Eastern European flavour. Season your meat with your favorite spice or herb.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons melted butter or 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 lb ground meat, of your choice
- 1 cup chopped onion (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Blintz: Beat eggs and milk together.
- Add flour, sugar, salt.
- Add water and melted butter or oil.
- Heat skillet or crepe pan medium/high heat. If needed, grease pan for each blintz.
- Pour about 1/3 cup batter and tilt pan to cover bottom.
- Blintz is done when bottom starts browning and top no longer looks wet. No need to flip.
- Filling: Fry onion.
- Add meat, cook well. If you like, add two tablespoons flour for consistency.
- Add salt, pepper, or other seasonings.
- Use 2-3 tablespoons filling for each blintz. Fold in 2 sides and roll up.
- (I usually skip this next step) Bake in 400 oven 8-10 minutes or til brown.
- Serve with sour cream!
OMG, those were D-E-L-E-C-I-O-U-S !!! E/o loved them, though I made mushroomsauce to go w/ it instead of the sour cream. This is so a keeper, since I made those ahead of time of time, let me say they freeze beautifully. Thank you very much for such a good and oh-so-easy recipe. Oh, and btw it took more like 30 min prep time, but I guess that`s personal.