Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This one i got from Meals.com. I have enjoyed it many times. Serve with brown or white rice.
- 1⁄2 lb beef, cut in strips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons mincemeat
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add chopped onion, chopped garlic clove, chopped celery, and chopped apple.
- Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl blend together flour, curry, and dry mustard; sprinkle over the vegetables, stirring well.
- Add bay leaf.
- Stir in chicken broth, stirring rapidly with a whisk.
- When the mixture has thickened, simmer for 15 minutes; stirring often to prevent sticking.
- Add the chopped meat, milk, and mincemeat; simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
This was fantastic!!!!! I didn't have an apple on hand (which isn't often) or mincemeat but I made the rest exactly as said and it turned out delicious! We are huge curry fans but had never made a ground beef curry recipe until now. Thank you, we'll be making this often and next time adding all the ingredients!!!!