Much the same flavour as stuffed cabbage rolls, but is much easier to prepare.
Make and share this Meat Cabbage Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- In medium skillet, saute onion in butter until soft, but not brown.
- Add ground beef. Cook, breaking up the meat until done.
- In a 2-quart buttered casserole with cover, layer the carrots and half the cabbage. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Add meat mixture, press down slightly.
- Add remaining cabbage.
- Combine spaghetti sauce, Worchestershire sauce & chives.
- Pour sauce over top casserole.
- Cover & bake at 350° F for about 1 hour or until cabbage is soft.
- Add cheese on top, bake uncovered for another 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted.