Recipe by QueenJellyBean
A dinner casserole with all fairly inexpensive ingredients. You can use ground beef or ground turkey or whatever kind of ground meat you prefer. Adjust the kind of cheese you use according to the kind of meat you use or your personal preference.
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and saute onions until soft. Add ground beef. Cook until no longer pink.
- In a 2 quart buttered casserole dish, layer carrots and half of the cabbage. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add meat, press down slightly.
- Add remaining cabbage.
- In a bowl, mix spaghetti sauce, worcestershire and chives. Pour over casserole.
- Cover and bake for about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and continue baking for 5-8 minutes until the cheese melts.