Recipe by Timothy H.
Soups in Chinese cooking are used very differently.Traditionally in China, since water is never and tea rarely served on the table, soup acts a drink.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut Chinese cabbage into 2-inch chunks and wash.
- Soak vermicelli in warm water and drain.
- Mix ground meat with leek, egg, ginger juice, wine and ½ tsp salt. Form small meat balls about size of teaspoon.
- Heat broth, add Chinese cabbage, and boil for 10 minutes. Then add meat balls and boil for 15 minutes. Skim off froth.
- Add vermicelli and 2 tsp salt. Serve hot.