Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Easy and tasty, this is a nice change of pace for a weekend lunch or supper. Yum!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 (16 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained well
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk (not skim)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh onion
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, stir together the ground beef, breadcrumbs, allspice, nutmeg, pepper, cayenne, and 1 tsp of salt.
- Press mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate up to the rim; refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl mash together the sweet potatoes and remaining ingredients and the remaining 1/2 tsp salt with a potato masher until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon the sweet potato mixture into the uncooked meat shell.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings (depending on how hungry you are!).