Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A wonderful ground beef and potato quiche for those guys who wanna stick to the traditional food groups meat and starches.
- 1 (9 inch) frozen pie crusts (uncooked)
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 2 cups hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper or 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion salt or 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook up Ground beef until browned, drain, and place in bottom of uncooked pie crust.
- Mix potatoes and Cheese in a Mixing bowl.
- Mix eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper and onion salt in small bowl and pour mixture over potatoes and cheese.
- Mix all ingredients together well and place into incooked pie crust with ground beef.
- Place into oven and cook for 45 to 55 min or until golden brown and mixture has set.
Yum! My kids all liked it, too. I used a real onion and fresh potatoes and cooked them with the hamburger. I also used just a little goats' milk (I didn't have milk or cream), maybe about 1/4 cup, because my pie pan is so shallow. I cut way back on the salt as well. Thanks for a great recipe. I'll be using it again.
i had a hard time with this, its a simple recipe but way more than one pie crust was needed even used a deepdish crust, but the flavor wasnt bad
It wasn't bad just couldn't get enthused.