Recipe by tribal138
A wonderful ground beef and potato quiche for those guys who wanna stick to the traditional food groups meat and starches.
Top Review by Upsidedown Again
Yum! My kids all liked it, too. I used a real onion and fresh potatoes and cooked them with the hamburger. I also used just a little goats' milk (I didn't have milk or cream), maybe about 1/4 cup, because my pie pan is so shallow. I cut way back on the salt as well. Thanks for a great recipe. I'll be using it again.
- 1 (9 inch) frozen pie crusts (uncooked)
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 2 cups hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper or 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion salt or 1 tablespoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook up Ground beef until browned, drain, and place in bottom of uncooked pie crust.
- Mix potatoes and Cheese in a Mixing bowl.
- Mix eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper and onion salt in small bowl and pour mixture over potatoes and cheese.
- Mix all ingredients together well and place into incooked pie crust with ground beef.
- Place into oven and cook for 45 to 55 min or until golden brown and mixture has set.