Recipe by libidess
Simple and satisfying -- thanks to my friend and colleague, Naomi, who gave me this recipe. Pop 'em in your mouth and let me know if they aren't good....
- 1 large potato
- 1 large onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chicken soup powder (boullion granules)
- 2 eggs
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely grate the potato and the onion.
- Mix all ingredients together well, either by hand or with a mixer.
- You can chill this for an hour or so in the fridge, but I don't usually do so.
- Roll into small balls (if I were measuring there'd probably be betwen a teaspoon and a Tablespoon of meat mixture for each one).
- Flatten ever so slightly.
- Roll the meat into balls/patties before you start to fry.
- Heat about 1/2 inch of oil in a large frying pan-- put in a layer of meatballs and fry for approximately 5 minutes on each side.
- If you use a very large pan you can fry them all up in 2 or 3 batches.
- If your pan is smaller, however, you may need to change oil halfway through to prevent the later batches from getting too brown on the outside before they're thoroughly cooked inside.