Recipe by Dreamgoddess
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to prepare this one soon and will post any modifications that I make to the recipe.
Top Review by Donna
This was really good, I think if you have a icky meatloaf recipe, this wont be as good.....I made mine that we all love, topped it wth Potato Buds and cheese and this was good! My kids ate it, the hubby ate two helpings... enough said..... thanks :)
- 1 basic meatloaf (prepared from another recipe)
- mashed potatoes, Instant (Prepare enough instant mashed potatoes to serve 4 as per package)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, Shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the basic Meat Loaf -- except spread the mixture into an ungreased baking pan 9 X 9 X 2 or 8 X 8 X 2-inches.
- Omit the catsup and decrease the baking time to 40 to 50 minutes.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Spread the hot potatoes evenly over the meat in the pan and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot on a slightly heated platter.