- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb pork, ground very fine
- 1⁄2 cup onion, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry ground pork with onion just until done.
- Drain well and cool.
- Combine potatoes, milk, sugar flour and egg; mix well.
- Heat large pot of water to slow boil.
- Roll about 3 tablespoons of potato mixture into a dumpling.
- Making a hole in each, stuff 1-2 teaspoons cooked pork mixture into ball and reroll potatoes to cover hole.
- Drop each ball into boiling water.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon.