Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This came out of a magazine several years ago. Again, I have modified it to suit my family's taste. It is a soup, which has the taste of chili. Wonderful on those cold days of winter. It also can be put into a crockpot and cooked until potatoes are tender.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over med.
- Add meat and onion; cook 5 tp 6 minutes or until meat is browned, stirring frequently.
- Add all remaining chili ingredients, except potatoes.
- Leave hot peppers whole.
- Reduce heat to med; cover and cook 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in potatoes; cook 15 t0 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove bay leaf and hot peppers.
- To serve, ladle chili into bowls; top each with a dollop of sour cream and/or horseradish.
It was cold and rainy last night, but this soup really warmed us up! DH had three bowls of it...even the kiddies liked it. This soup was super easy to make and the taste was yummy. Thanks JQ for posting this...now get on out there and post some more! lol