Cook1 hr 30 mins
This came out of a magazine several years ago. Again, I have modified it to suit my family's taste. It is a soup, which has the taste of chili. Wonderful on those cold days of winter. It also can be put into a crockpot and cooked until potatoes are tender.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over med.
- Add meat and onion; cook 5 tp 6 minutes or until meat is browned, stirring frequently.
- Add all remaining chili ingredients, except potatoes.
- Leave hot peppers whole.
- Reduce heat to med; cover and cook 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in potatoes; cook 15 t0 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove bay leaf and hot peppers.
- To serve, ladle chili into bowls; top each with a dollop of sour cream and/or horseradish.