1/2 Photos of Meat and Potato Chili Soup
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This came out of a magazine several years ago. Again, I have modified it to suit my family's taste. It is a soup, which has the taste of chili. Wonderful on those cold days of winter. It also can be put into a crockpot and cooked until potatoes are tender.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in Dutch oven over med.
- 3Add meat and onion; cook 5 tp 6 minutes or until meat is browned, stirring frequently.
- 5Add all remaining chili ingredients, except potatoes.
- 6Leave hot peppers whole.
- 7Reduce heat to med; cover and cook 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 8Stir in potatoes; cook 15 t0 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 9Remove bay leaf and hot peppers.
- 10To serve, ladle chili into bowls; top each with a dollop of sour cream and/or horseradish.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meat and Potato Chili Soup
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.1
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 59.3 mg
- Sodium 638.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 18.4 g