1 hr 20 mins
From Assumption Greek Orthodox Church cookbook. This can be served hot as a dinner dish, or room temperature as an appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 4 tablespoons of the melted butter in frying pan over medium heat and add leeks and meat. Brown thoroughly. Add wine and salt and simmer 20 minutes, or until liguid has evaporated. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 2Stir in beaten eggs.
- 3Preheat oven to 350°F Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- 4Working with half of the phyllo sheets (cover the rest), lay one sheet at a time in baking dish and brush with melted butter. Repeat with remaining half (at least 10 sheets).
- 5Spread meat and leek mixture evenly over the sheets in baking dish. Fold ends and sides of excess phyllo over mixture.
- 6Repeat as above with remaining phyllo sheets (at least 10) and tuck in ends and sides. Brush top with butter.
- 7Bake for 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- 8Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meat and Leek Phyllo Pie
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 642.7
- Calories from Fat 418
- Total Fat 46.5 g
- Saturated Fat 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 258.1 mg
- Sodium 309.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 23.4 g