Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another one from Taste of Home.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 6 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 lb sliced provolone cheese
- 1⁄3 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon water
- parmesan cheese
- On a lightly floured board, roll dough into a 30 inch x 8 inch rectangle; cut into two 16 inch x 8 inch pieces.
- On the long side of each piece, layer pepperoni, cheeses, spaghetti sauce, parsley and oregano.
- Fold over dough and pinch to seal.
- combine egg and water; brush over edges and ends of dough.
- With a sharp knife, cut five small steam vents in the top of each roll.
- Place on greased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 27 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice and serve warm.
- Baked stromboli may be frozen for up to 1 month.
Made it twice and added some new fillings the second time. Just a great recipe!
Very tasty and quite easy. I made my own dough in the bread machine and decided to double the recipe so that I could make individual stromboli to suit each person's tastes. The first one I rolled too thin and you could see the filling through it so then I realized I needed to roll them thicker. They looked really good and everyone enjoyed them. I can see many possibilities for the fillings. I served these with warmed pizza sauce on the side for dipping. Thx for sharing Sherribabi!!