1/6 Photos of Mean's Roasted Parsnips & Carrots
Great little appetizer or side dish.. an adopted recipe that I inherited from Mean Chef who not longer frequents this site. Don't gasp but I'm certain that I have manged to *improve* a Mean Chef recipe ! DO try this *without the sherry wine vinegar* and DO substitute medium Sherry in it's place and up the rosemary and thyme considerably (I also added the rosemary and thyme to the sherry mix and cooked everything together) DH eats carrots if he has to but avoids them if possible, ...until I changed this to Sherry and more herbs and he LOVES this now... I have also added sweet potatoes to the carrots and parsnip and it's a marriage made in heaven. DH was actually pleased to see more carrots on the shopping list for the first time in his life! Try it, this is a delight ! Enjoy!!! ZWT REGION: New Zealand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb parsnip
- 1 lb carrot
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 1Peel parsnips and carrots.
- 2Cut the parsnips into 2" pieces.
- 3Cut the carrots in half and slice into 1" pieces.
- 4The carrots need to be smaller because they take longer to cook.
- 5Melt the butter in a shallow baking dish.
- 6Stir in the brown sugar and sherry vinegar.
- 7Add parsnips and carrots.
- 8Coat the vegetables with the liquid.
- 9Bake at 375 F (109 C)degrees for 20 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven.
- 11Add rosemary and thyme.
- 12Season with salt and pepper.
- 13Bake for another 10 minutes until the vegetables are fork tender.
- 14Serves 4.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mean's Roasted Parsnips & Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (621 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 748.4
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 91.5 mg
- Sodium 544.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.8 g
- Sugars 49.2 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar