Recipe by kiwidutch
A simple and tasty breakfast/brunch treat. This is an adopted recipe from the RecipeZaar account, and I am delighted to be the new owner of such a winning recipe. If you would like the inside of the finished dish to be a little less "egg-y" then cut the number of eggs down to 3, and many many reviewers also found that just 3 Tablespoons of butter worked better for them. Either way they did it, they all agreed that the taste was great. Enjoy!
Top Review by Daphne2002
After reading all the talk about these "pancakes" not turning out right, when in fact that's how they were supposed to be, I had to give them a try. But, I had the advantage of knowing that is how they should be. It was so much fun to watch! The cake rose so high in the oven and then as soon as I took it out, it collapsed in the middle. The crunchy sides stood higher than the middle, which was almost completely flat. I served mine with maple syrup and a sqeeze of lime and it was wonderful. I will be fixing these again because I am imagining the sunken center being filled with berries and then sprinkled with powdered sugar for a beautiful brunch!
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 0.59 ml salt
- 236.59 ml milk
- 14.79 ml granulated sugar or 14.79 ml honey
- 4 eggs
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, salt and milk well.
- Add sugar; add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. This can be done by hand or with a stand mixer.
- Melt butter in an ovenproof dish or cast iron pan in the oven.
- When butter is completely melted and pan is hot, pour in batter.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup, jam or powdered sugar with a squeeze of lemon.