1/28 Photos of Mean's Dutch Babies
A simple and tasty breakfast/brunch treat. This is an adopted recipe from the RecipeZaar account, and I am delighted to be the new owner of such a winning recipe. If you would like the inside of the finished dish to be a little less "egg-y" then cut the number of eggs down to 3, and many many reviewers also found that just 3 Tablespoons of butter worked better for them. Either way they did it, they all agreed that the taste was great. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour, salt and milk well.
- 2Add sugar; add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. This can be done by hand or with a stand mixer.
- 3Melt butter in an ovenproof dish or cast iron pan in the oven.
- 4When butter is completely melted and pan is hot, pour in batter.
- 5Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
- 6Serve with maple syrup, jam or powdered sugar with a squeeze of lemon.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mean's Dutch Babies
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.2
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 225.0 mg
- Sodium 175.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 11.6 g