A simple and tasty breakfast/brunch treat. This is an adopted recipe from the RecipeZaar account, and I am delighted to be the new owner of such a winning recipe. If you would like the inside of the finished dish to be a little less "egg-y" then cut the number of eggs down to 3, and many many reviewers also found that just 3 Tablespoons of butter worked better for them. Either way they did it, they all agreed that the taste was great. Enjoy!
- Mix flour, salt and milk well.
- Add sugar; add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. This can be done by hand or with a stand mixer.
- Melt butter in an ovenproof dish or cast iron pan in the oven.
- When butter is completely melted and pan is hot, pour in batter.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup, jam or powdered sugar with a squeeze of lemon.