Recipe by Ron Harrison
This recipe came from Taste of Home. If you love hot chocolate on your ice cream, this is THE ONE! Chocoholics, check this one out!
Top Review by Carol Elizabeth
This sauce is excellent! Very chocolately and not overly sweet. I served it over vanilla ice cream and it got a bit chewy. Just the way I like it! I did not cook for the reccomended 10 - 12 minutes. Maybe 6 minutes or so. This is my new favorite hot fudge sauce. Thanks Ron.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup, plus
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, combine cream and butter.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until butter is melted.
- Add the sugars and salt; cook and stir until sugars are dissolved, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in cocoa and syrup.
- A wire wisk helps to dissolve the cocoa.
- Cook and stir until cocoa is dissolved.
- Add chocolate squares; cook and stir until melted.
- Reduce heat to low; cook for 3-4 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and rum extract if desired.
- Cool slightly.
- Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Serve warm over ice cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers.