Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
High in vitamin C, omega 3s, and beta carotene this is a morning treat that won't steer you wrong. The overall flavor is a light citrusy flavor. At first I did half the banana and pineapple, but felt the celery was too prominent, so I added the other half of the pineapple. I make my own fat free greek yogurt, the recipe is on the site elsewhere. Note that the banana and pineapple were frozen. This way I didn't need to add ice cubes. You can always add half a cup of ice if you're using non-frozen fruit. Also, all fruit is fresh (fresh frozen) not canned. If you use canned, it retains its nutrients but try to avoid any additives.
- 1 small banana
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk
- 1 1⁄2 cups spinach leaves
- 1⁄3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 1⁄2 pink grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Chop up everything into chunks. Put carrots and celery into quality blender (I have an old circa 1964 Vitamix) first.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Blend until thick and smooth. Use tamper to make sure there are no lumps.
- Serve immediately. If you're saving a serving, put it in freezer and remove from freezer the next day half an hour before you want to drink it.