Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Jamaican recipe made by Sunny Anderson on Cooking for Real. Some reviewers on another website recommend adding a twist of lime at the end and decreasing the amount of sugar from 2 cups down to 1 cup (but I will leave those choices up to you). Sunny also said that she has added vodka to this beautiful, bright green juice for a wonderful adult cocktail.
- Peel the cucumbers, placing the peels in the blender for later use.
- Grate cucumber flesh.
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil.
- When sugar dissolves, add the grated cucumber and simmer until cucumber is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a blender, puree reserved cucumber peel and cucumber syrup until smooth.
- Line a strainer with cheese cloth over a bowl. Strain cucumber mixture.
- Gather cheesecloth in 1 hand to squeeze out all of the juice.
- Chill until cool, about 1 hour.
- Serve in glasses over crushed ice.
Another winner from the fabulous January Bride. I always enjoy your drinks and this unique one certainly does not disappoint. Beautiful bold color, refreshing, tart and tangy drink. I loved it. Made exactly as written, only change was to use club soda instead of water, (personal preference only). Thanks for sharing JB, I will be making this again. Made for Aussie Swap #39. :)
Followed the recipe exactly, but left out the peels and vodka, as I can't eat them. This was a nice and refreshing juice, but I actually prefered it after the ice had melted a bit and thinned it out. Next time I will mix with soda water to thin it out. Thanks so much for sharing! Made for ZWT5 Groovy GastroGnomes.
This drink is so simple to make and oh so refreshing!! It was a huge hit with my family and I will definitely make it over and over again!