Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
These cookies are a cake-like version of chocolate chips and are very full of chips and nuts. They are excellent. This isn't originally my recipe, I adopted it. If you need conversions, here they are: ( Thank you Treble :) ) For anyone who needs conversions, here they are: 1 1/4 cup butter, 2/3 cup each brown and white sugars, 1 1/2 tsp.vanilla, 4 cups flour, 1 1/2 tsp. soda, 3/4 tsp. salt, 2 (12 oz) packages chocolate chips, and just under 1 cup walnuts.
Top Review by Evie*
Delicious cookie, I used pecans in place of walnuts (didnt have any) I plan to make these again today and freeze them. Full of chocolate and great cake like texture. Thanks for posting.
- 2⁄3 lb unsalted butter
- 4 1⁄2 ounces brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 1⁄2 ounces white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 lb all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chocolate chips
- 7 1⁄2 ounces walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and both sugars.
- Add eggs a few at a time mixing after each addition.
- Add vanilla, scrape down and beat until smooth.
- Sift dry ingredients together, add to mixer, mix until almost totally incorporated.
- Add chips and nuts, mix until well combined.
- I use a large ice cream scoop to portion.
- They freeze well unbaked.
- They keep a long time.
- To bake (thaw if frozen), press down to flatten, bake at 350° until done.
- Should be well browned.
- Cooking time will vary considerably depending on cookie size.