Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I adopted this recipe, which was originally submitted by Mean Chef. I haven't made this yet.
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- thinly sliced orange (to garnish)
- Use a 9 inch round baking pan.
- caramelize the sugar and water on low heat in a stainless steel saucepan.
- When the sugar turns golden, remove from heat and coat the baking pan bottom with the caramel.
- In a blender, mix the rest of the ingredients except the orange until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the caramelized baking pan and place in a larger pan containing 1 inch of water.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about one hour until top is set and golden.
- Remove pan from the water and allow to cool.
- Place a serving plate over pan and flip over.
- Remove the pan.
- Chill at least an hour before serving.
- Serve with the orange slices as a garnish.
great twist on creme caramel,excellent light dessert for dinner party