Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I adopted this recipe from Mean Chef. This recipe I found on Epicurious. It is fabulous. The sauce itself has lots of possibilities on its own. It is great on pork tenderloin and roast chicken. When raspberries are in season, I make a whole bunch of the sauce and freeze it.
For chipotle sauce
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (better with fresh) or 1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed (better with fresh)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ruby port
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo, drained (I leave the adobo sauce in)
For Zuni rolls
- 2 scallions
- 2 (9 -10 inch) flour tortillas
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely grated havarti cheese
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced smoked turkey breast
- 6 slices crisp cooked bacon
- Make chipotle sauce: In a small saucepan combine sauce ingredients and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved.
- In a blender or food processor puree sauce and strain through a fine sieve into a bowl.
- Make Zuni rolls: Finely chop scallions.
- Arrange tortillas on a work surface and divide Havarti, turkey, bacon, and scallions evenly between them.
- Drizzle some chipotle sauce over filling and gently roll up tortillas.
- In a lightly oiled skillet toast rolls, starting with seam sides down, over moderately high heat, turning them, until golden on all sides, about 3 minutes.
- Diagonally halve tortillas crosswise and serve remaining sauce separately.
- Can also bake in 350 oven until cheese is melted and they are hot (I usually do them this way).
Very tasty. I added only two chipotle chiles to the sauce, so it was spicy without being overbearing. I also added avocado to the wraps. Will definitely make again. :)
Absolutely delicious and easy. The sauce is to die for. It can blast the top of your mouth off if you use too much in the rollup, so start off gently. I made it with fresh raspberries. The second time we did this we put sliced avocado in the center, so that it wouldn't get too hot (just because I don't like cooked avocado), and that was a great addition. It would be very adaptable to a variety of fillings.
Loved these rolls. The only thing I will change is to bake next time rather than doing them on the griddle. Love the sauce and will use it on many other dishes.