1/5 Photos of Mean Chef's Yucatan-Style Chicken, Lime, and Orzo Soup
Halcyon Eve's Note:
I adopted this recipe from Mean Chef, who described it as "quick easy and delicious." I agree--it's simple to make, very yummy, and reasonably filling. It makes a good, light meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeno chiles, thinly sliced
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 large tomato, seeded, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- 1Cook orzo in pot of boiling salted water until just tender.
- 2Drain well.
- 3Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- 4Add onion, garlic, and chiles.
- 5Sauté until onion begins to brown, about 4 minutes.
- 6Add chicken; sauté 1 minute.
- 7Add broth, lime juice, and tomato.
- 8Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- 9Mix in orzo, then chopped cilantro.
- 10Season soup with salt and pepper.
- 11Ladle soup into 4 bowls.
- 12Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mean Chef's Yucatan-Style Chicken, Lime, and Orzo Soup
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.6
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 195.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 29.3 g