Mean Chef's Vanilla Buttermilk Cupcakes
- Beat butter and all the sugar on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla and beat on high speed until well blended.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With mixer on low speed, add one third of the flour mixture, followed by a third of the buttermilk – repeat, alternating in thirds. When all the flour is incorporated beat mixture on medium speed just until well blended.
- Fill paper-lined or buttered muffin cups (1/3-cup capacity) about three-fourths full with batter (about 1/4 cup in each).
- Bake in a 350° oven until tops spring back when lightly touched in the center, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on racks 5 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely.
- Decorate with your favorite frosting.