Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adopted this recipe after its original poster, Mean Chef (IHHDRO), departed the site. Mean posted it on Jan 21, 2003.
- 2 (8 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained well
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup hellmann mayonnaise (low fat will also work here)
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese or 1 cup romano cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded imported italian asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a decorative one quart baking dish.
- Chop artichokes and garlic fine in a food processor by pulsing several times – do not purée.
- In a nonreactive bowl, using a wooden spoon, stir together all other ingredients except for ½ cup Asiago.
- Add artichoke/garlic mixture.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup of Asiago.
- Bake in the middle of the preheated oven until the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
Good Golly Gerty what a great dip. I want to spread it on bread, put it on baked potatoes....the list goes on. I must confess I used 4 cloves of smashed garlic. Thanks again Meany!
this is too good. i stood in the kitchen an ate it warm out of the oven.
Wow - this is one rich dip! I couldn't find 8 oz. jars of artichoke hearts, so I had to use two 6 oz. jars instead. I also upped the garlic, using 2 large cloves and used romano cheese. This makes a thick, dense dip (and it makes a LOT).