- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs button mushrooms, cleaned
- 3 tablespoons butter
- sea salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Do not move the mushrooms until they have caramelized on the bottom.
- If you toss them too soon, they will release their liquid and begin to steam.
- When the bottoms are caramelized, toss them and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the butter and continue to cook and toss for 5 minutes, until beautifully browned.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic.
- Saute another 2 minutes, and add the thyme and lemon juice.
- Cook to evaporate the liquid.
- Add the wine and reduce until the mushrooms are glazed with the sauce.
- Toss in the parsley and serve immediately.