Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
I adopted this recipe from Mean Chef. "technique by Jacques Pepin."
Make and share this Mean Chef's Perfect Scrambled Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -3 large eggs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (or more)
- 1 -2 tablespoon heavy cream
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, and beat thoroughly with the whisk.
- Place a 2-3 qt saucepan with a tablespoon of butter over medium heat, swirling to film the bottom and sides.
- When the butter foams, pour all the eggs into hot pan and immediately being stirring with the whisk, clearing the thickening eggs from the sides and bottom of the pan and breaking up any lumps.
- Be sure to run the whisk around the bottom corners to dislodge any egg that may stick there.
- Cook for a minute or slightly more, steadily whisking, until the eggs are uniformly thickened but still quite soft, with very small and creamy curds.
- Remove the pan from the heat, whisk in another spoon of butter and 1 or 2 tablespoons of cream, and quickly spoon the eggs into a soft mound on a warm plate.
- Serve immediately with a garnish of your choice.
There are 2 really good scrambled egg recipes on Zaar which I have reviewed. One calls for a long slow double boiler method. This one is the other - considerably faster and requiring some extra dairy. I used continental butter which I prefer.The result was very creamy scrambled eggs. My toddler was very impressed too and scoffed her portion happily. No way was she going to share with anyone else! If you don't have concerns about fat then this is a great way to use those eggs.
Wow! How can scrambled eggs be this good? I was never a fan of soft scrambled eggs until this recipe. I should have made more the first time around because I ended up making another pan after my family gobbled up the first batch in just a few minutes. The very best thing about this recipe is that it is easy, quick, and my EXTREMELY picky two year old was begging for more. I added the salt and pepper after adding the butter and cream and then I returned it to the heat for just a few seconds more, this time scraping with a silicone spatula and folding the eggs all around the pan so I could get every bit from the bottom and edges since the eggs still looked a little too soft for my family's tastes. The result was perfection and we will make this again for sure! Thank you for sharing!
deeeeeelish!! I added some chopped spring onions and 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese. Decadent and special scrambled eggs!