I adopted this recipe from Mean Chef. "technique by Jacques Pepin."
Make and share this Mean Chef's Perfect Scrambled Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, and beat thoroughly with the whisk.
- Place a 2-3 qt saucepan with a tablespoon of butter over medium heat, swirling to film the bottom and sides.
- When the butter foams, pour all the eggs into hot pan and immediately being stirring with the whisk, clearing the thickening eggs from the sides and bottom of the pan and breaking up any lumps.
- Be sure to run the whisk around the bottom corners to dislodge any egg that may stick there.
- Cook for a minute or slightly more, steadily whisking, until the eggs are uniformly thickened but still quite soft, with very small and creamy curds.
- Remove the pan from the heat, whisk in another spoon of butter and 1 or 2 tablespoons of cream, and quickly spoon the eggs into a soft mound on a warm plate.
- Serve immediately with a garnish of your choice.