1/1 Photo of Mean Chef's Orange Scones
Source: "Berries: A Country Garden Cookbook"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2Mix dry ingredients in cuisinart.
- 3Add butter and process to cornmeal consistency.
- 4Dump into bowl. Whisk egg and cream together. Add egg and cream mixture to flour and mix with fork until just blended. If it appears too dry, add a bit more cream.
- 5Knead dough for 1 minute and roll to 8 x 14 inch rectangle on a floured board.
- 6Brush dough with melted butter, sprinkle with sugar and zest.
- 7Roll thge long side up jelly roll fashion, seal seam. With your hands, even up the roll and trim off the ends.
- 8Cut into 4 even pieces.
- 9Place cut side down on parchment lined sheet pan.
- 10Press slightly to flatten.
- 11Bake about 15 minutes or until golden. If bottoms brown too quickly, double-pan.
- 12The scones are done when you can just lift them off of the sheetpan without having them fall apart.
- 13Serving Ideas: Serve with berries and whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mean Chef's Orange Scones
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.2
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 144.5 mg
- Sodium 887.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 8.8 g