Source: "Berries: A Country Garden Cookbook"
Make and share this Mean Chef's Orange Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix dry ingredients in cuisinart.
- Add butter and process to cornmeal consistency.
- Dump into bowl. Whisk egg and cream together. Add egg and cream mixture to flour and mix with fork until just blended. If it appears too dry, add a bit more cream.
- Knead dough for 1 minute and roll to 8 x 14 inch rectangle on a floured board.
- Brush dough with melted butter, sprinkle with sugar and zest.
- Roll thge long side up jelly roll fashion, seal seam. With your hands, even up the roll and trim off the ends.
- Cut into 4 even pieces.
- Place cut side down on parchment lined sheet pan.
- Press slightly to flatten.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until golden. If bottoms brown too quickly, double-pan.
- The scones are done when you can just lift them off of the sheetpan without having them fall apart.
- Serving Ideas: Serve with berries and whipped cream.