1/3 Photos of Mean Chef's Oatmeal Pecan Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Amazingly soft, delicious cookies! When I made this, I used Ghirardelli chocolate and was just short on the called-for amount of pecans. The dough was really hard after refrigerating overnight, and I found it easier to roll it into balls by hand rather than the ice cream scoop. I adopted this recipe after its original poster, Mean Chef, departed the site. Mean posted the recipe on Feb 12, 2003.
My Private Note
5inch c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 1/3 cups coarsely chopped pecans (5 ounces)
- 1In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- 2Set dry ingredients aside.
- 3In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter with both sugars; beat until light and fluffy.
- 4Add vanilla, milk, and eggs; mix well.
- 5Add reserved dry ingredients, and beat until just combined.
- 6Remove bowl from mixer, and fold in oats, chocolate, and pecans.
- 7Place dough in the refrigerator until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 8Heat oven to 350°.
- 9Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- 10Remove dough from refrigerator.
- 11Using an ice-cream scoop, shape into 2-inch-diameter balls.
- 12Place six balls on each baking sheet, spaced 4 inches apart, and press down Transfer to oven.
- 13Bake until golden, but still soft in center, 15 to 16 minutes.
- 14Remove from oven, and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- 15Repeat with remaining dough.
- 16Store in an airtight container up to 2 days.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mean Chef's Oatmeal Pecan Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1805 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.9
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 39.3 mg
- Sodium 142.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 6.0 g