Recipe by iris5555
This is an adopted recipe originally submitted by Mean Chef. I just loved it when I made it and was happy to be able to adopt the recipe.
- 5 lbs pork loin roast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mortar or heavy bowl crush the fennel seed and salt with the pestle.
- Add the flour, pepper and herbs, mix thoroughly, then rub this mixture over the roast.
- Cover the bottom of a heavy Dutch oven with a thin layer of cooking oil.
- Brown the roast on all sides, then pour into the pot the wine, broth and apple juice.
- Smash the garlic with the flat side of a knife and throw it into the pot, too.
- Put a lid on the pot and shove it into a 325 oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Remove the pork to a warm dish.
- On an oven burner bring the pot liquids to a boil, then remove from heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Slice the meat and serve some sauce over the top.