- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons lime zest (optional)
- 1 -2 drop green food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-reactive saucepan, whisk yolk and sugar until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients except lime zest and food coloring.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly (Do not whisk), until thickened and you see the first bubble.
- DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL.
- Pour through strainer, stir in zest and food coloring.
- chill in refrigerator with plastic wrap pressed on top of curd to prevent skin forming.