1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 ounces all-purpose flour (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 3/4 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 cup lemon curd (see Lemon Curd)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Butter and flour a 4 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- 3Sift flou, baking powder and salt together into a bowl.
- 4Beat butter and lemon zest together with an electric mixer (use paddle attachment) until light and smooth- about 1 minute.
- 5Add sugar, eggs, coriander and mace; beat until smooth.
- 6Add half of the milk, beat until just blender.
- 7Add the flour mixture in two batches, beat until just blended and scraping the bowl as needed.
- 8Add remaining milk and mix until just blended.
- 9Add caraway seeds and stir in with a rubber spatula.
- 10Transfer to loaf pan and smooth top.
- 11Bake until tester comes out clean in the middle of the loaf- abou 60-65 minutes.
- 12Let cool for 10 minutes, remove cake from pan and cool completely on a rack.
- 13Cake will keep 3 days at room temperature if wrapped well.
- 14Cut with a serrated knife in thick slices- cake is tender.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mean Chef's Lemon Tea Cake
Serving Size: 1 (898 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2826.6
- Calories from Fat 1009
- Total Fat 112.1 g
- Saturated Fat 65.3 g
- Cholesterol 685.1 mg
- Sodium 2124.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 416.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 212.0 g
- Protein 47.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: