Recipe by lemoncurd
This is an adopted recipe. This recipe makes light, fluffy and soft muffins which are more cake like with a hint of lemon.
Top Review by danip467
These are very good but they are cupcakes and NOT muffins. I won't make them for my kids again because of that, but they are good when cake is what you want. I added 1 tbsps of poppy seeds, and used whole wheat for a 1/4 of the flour, and pastry flour for another 1/4 to make things a bit 'healthier'. Didn't notice the whole wheat at all.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease muffin tins.
- Melt the butter and let cool.
- Thoroughly mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs and sour cream in a smaller bowl.
- Stir in the butter, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and zest and juice of lemon.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and mix with as few strokes as possible.
- Don't overmix.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.