2 hrs 25 mins
I adopted this recipe after its original poster, Mean Chef, departed the site. Mean posted the recipe on Feb 12, 2003. His comments: "Source: 'In Nonna's Kitchen' "
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and dice potatoes.
- 2Boil in salted water until tender, drain and put through a ricer (no lumps).
- 3Cool to room temperature.
- 4Warm milk to 110 degrees, sprinkle yeast over top, whisk in and let sit for 10 minutes.
- 5whisk 6 tbl oil into yeast mixture.
- 6Add potatoes, flour, 2 tsp salt and sage.
- 7Mix with paddle until dough is formed.
- 8Change to dough hook and knead on low for 3 minutes, until dough is soft and slightly sticky.
- 9Finish kneading by hand on floured work surface.
- 10First rise: 1 hour.
- 11Preheat oven with baking stone to 400.
- 12Oil a 1/2 sheet pan, place dough in pan and press out to edges.
- 13Dimple top, sprinkle with coarse salt, cover with cloth and let rise 30 minutes.
- 14Sprinkle with olive oil.
- 15Place pan directly on stone and bake until top and underside are golden, about 25 minutes.
- 16The dough can be formed in rounds and baked directly on stone.
- 17Can omit sage and substitute other herbs.
- 18Can top with caramelized onion or other toppings.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mean Chef's Focaccia Di Patate Alla Genovese
Serving Size: 1 (1185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2688.7
- Calories from Fat 854
- Total Fat 94.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 9461.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 395.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 61.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves