2 hrs 25 mins
I adopted this recipe after its original poster, Mean Chef, departed the site. Mean posted the recipe on Feb 12, 2003. His comments: "Source: 'In Nonna's Kitchen' "
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and dice potatoes.
- 2Boil in salted water until tender, drain and put through a ricer (no lumps).
- 3Cool to room temperature.
- 4Warm milk to 110 degrees, sprinkle yeast over top, whisk in and let sit for 10 minutes.
- 5whisk 6 tbl oil into yeast mixture.
- 6Add potatoes, flour, 2 tsp salt and sage.
- 7Mix with paddle until dough is formed.
- 8Change to dough hook and knead on low for 3 minutes, until dough is soft and slightly sticky.
- 9Finish kneading by hand on floured work surface.
- 10First rise: 1 hour.
- 11Preheat oven with baking stone to 400.
- 12Oil a 1/2 sheet pan, place dough in pan and press out to edges.
- 13Dimple top, sprinkle with coarse salt, cover with cloth and let rise 30 minutes.
- 14Sprinkle with olive oil.
- 15Place pan directly on stone and bake until top and underside are golden, about 25 minutes.
- 16The dough can be formed in rounds and baked directly on stone.
- 17Can omit sage and substitute other herbs.
- 18Can top with caramelized onion or other toppings.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mean Chef's Focaccia Di Patate Alla Genovese
Serving Size: 1 (1185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2688.7
- Calories from Fat 854
- Total Fat 94.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 9461.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 395.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 61.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves