Top Review by Kirstin in the Couv
This was just perfect!!! Thanks to Mean Chef for posting! Flavor and consistency were exactly what I would expect from a true alfredo sauce and sooooo simple to make! BF was a way happy camper! Make this one exactly as the recipe states and you'll have a great meal!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 pinches ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup of grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Set small frying pan in mid-high heat.
- Add the butter and the cream to the frying pan and mix well.
- Stir the sauce frequently and add the black pepper, salt and nutmeg, boil and immediately lower the heat and stir frequently until the sauce becomes heavier, it should take a few minutes of constant stirring. Add the pasta to the boiling water along with some salt and cook to your liking. Once the pasta is cooked, drain the pasta and add the sauce to it.
- Mix well. Add the grated cheese to the sauce and pasta, and mix until the cheese is absorbed by the sauce.