Recipe by ~Bliss~
These muffins belonged to Mean Chef. I'm honored to now give them a home.
Top Review by ciao
Oh yum! These are so good! They are perfect in my book. I'm a self confessed muffin junkie. I LOVE muffins! And these are right up there with my favorites. Very quick and easy to put together, great for a morning treat. The batter generously filled 12 muffin cups, and 2 ramekins as well. The ones in the muffin pan took exactly 20 minutes, and the 2 ramekins took about 25 minutes. They came out of the pan perfectly, I never use muffin papers, just always grease the pan. Very, very good muffins that the whole family loves! Thanks Mean!
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Place cherries and 1 tbl flour in bowl, toss and set aside.
- Combine milk, melted butter and eggs in a bowl.
- Set aside.
- In bowl of mixer combine flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Mix with paddle to blend.
- Add milk mixture and mix on low until just blended.
- Add cherries and mix to combine.
- Spoon into muffin tin.
- Bake until tests done.
- Remove muffins from pan to cool.