1/3 Photos of Mean Chef's Chocolate Sugar Cookies
This is an adopted recipe originally posted by MeanChef. I haven’t made this yet but I plan to soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda and cream of tartar together in a medium bowl and with a wire whisk, stir to combine.
- 2In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer at medium speed, beat the butter for 30 seconds, or until creamy.
- 3Add the sugar and continue beating for 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture is light in texture and color.
- 4Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- 5Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat well.
- 6At low speed beat in the flour mixture, in two additions, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- 7Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- 8Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375°F.
- 9On a well-floured surface, roll out half of dough at a time to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 10Using a cookie cutter cut into shapes and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- 11Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned at edges.
- 12Cool. Decorate as desired.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mean Chef's Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (803 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.1
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.7 mg
- Sodium 38.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 1.2 g