1/3 Photos of Mean Chef's Chicken With Marsala, Mushrooms and Gorgonzola
I adopted this recipe after its original poster, Mean Chef, departed the site. Mean posted it on Jan 21, 2004. His comments: "Great served over pasta or with rice. Recipe from Fine Cooking"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms (2 1/4 cups) or 6 ounces white mushrooms, sliced 1/8 inch thick (2 1/4 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry marsala
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1slice chicken on an angle into 3/4 inch pieces; season generously with salt and pepper.
- 2In a 10 inch straight sided saute pan, heat 2 TBL of oil over medium high heat; saute half of the chicken turning once until lightly browned and barely cooked through- about 1-2 minutes per side; Transfer cooked chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm; repeat with remaining chicken.
- 3Return pan to medium high heat and add remaining 1 TBL oil.
- 4Add mushrooms, season and saute stirring with a wooden spoon until softened and well browned- 3-4 minutes.
- 5Reduce heat to medium, add garlic and cook stirring for 30 seconds.
- 6Add Marsala and scrape pan to loosen brown bits; simmer until slightly reduced- about 2 minutes.
- 7Stir in cream and simmer until thickened slightly- 2-3 minutes.
- 8Add 2/3 of the gorgonzola and stir until melted- 1-2 minutes.
- 9Taste sauce and adjust seasoning.
- 10Add chicken along with any accumulated juices and turn to coat with sauce.
- 11Serve immediately, sprinkled with remaining cheese and parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mean Chef's Chicken With Marsala, Mushrooms and Gorgonzola
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 739.6
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 207.2 mg
- Sodium 569.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 61.7 g