Recipe by Dawnab
I adpoted this recipe from the infamous Mean Chef, it had no intro as it really does not need one. An elegant and deep flavored dish sure to please.
Top Review by JustJanS
This was a good, easy recipe to follow, we did cut back on the oil a little but I don't think it affected it hugely. We made the sauce with herbs fresh from our garden, and I suggest you'll want crusty bread to mop those gorgeous juices up!
- 2 lbs large shrimp, shelled
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup scallion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups tomatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- black pepper
- 6 ounces feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently saute onion in oil until transparent.
- Add scallions and garlic, cook 2 minute.
- Add tomatoes, wine, most of the parsley, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer gently for 30 minute.
- ,until thick.
- Spoon half of the tomato sauce into 6 individual oven dishes or 1 large oven dish.
- Add shrimp, and spoon remaining sauce on top.
- Crumble feta cheese and sprinkle on top.
- Heat oven to 500°F.
- Cook 10-12 minutes, until shrimp are pink and feta melted and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley, and serve.