Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I adpoted this recipe from the infamous Mean Chef, it had no intro as it really does not need one. An elegant and deep flavored dish sure to please.
- Gently saute onion in oil until transparent.
- Add scallions and garlic, cook 2 minute.
- Add tomatoes, wine, most of the parsley, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer gently for 30 minute.
- ,until thick.
- Spoon half of the tomato sauce into 6 individual oven dishes or 1 large oven dish.
- Add shrimp, and spoon remaining sauce on top.
- Crumble feta cheese and sprinkle on top.
- Heat oven to 500°F.
- Cook 10-12 minutes, until shrimp are pink and feta melted and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley, and serve.
This was a good, easy recipe to follow, we did cut back on the oil a little but I don't think it affected it hugely. We made the sauce with herbs fresh from our garden, and I suggest you'll want crusty bread to mop those gorgeous juices up!
Easy but very flavorful dish. I had med. shrimp so cooked at 400 for 8 min. Turned out perfectly. Served with a Cranberry, Feta and Walnut Salad. So good.
I used this recipe to use up some feta cheese! We found this recipe "pleasant". I only used 3 T oil, as I thought 1/2 cup was excessive and used 3 garlic, minced. I had some roasted tomatoes in my freezer, so I used 2 cups of that. I followed the recipe to a T.... except, I finished cooking the prawns and feta on the stove. To me, it was just that extra step that wasn't needed and less to clean up! I used one bag of large prawns (16-18 count) and I found that there was an excessive amount of sauce leftover that wasn't used...and to me, a waste that went down the sink! The sauce needed a bit of a zip, so next time I have feta, I probably would add some chili paste and cut the tomatoes down to 1-1/4 cup. Nice recipe, good to use up feta cheese....but nothing special!