1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Baking Bunny's Note:
One of my faves, adopted from Mean Chef
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE FILLING
- 2 1/2 lbs apples, peeled, quartered, cored, and sliced to yield about 6 cups (about 6 medium, Granny Smith works well)
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
FOR THE CRISP TOPPING
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2To make the filling--In a 9-inch pie pan that's 2 inches deep (or a similar baking pan), toss the apples with the sugar to taste, cinnamon, and flour.
- 3To make the topping--In a medium bowl, mix together all the topping ingredients with your fingers or a pastry cutter until small pebbly pieces of butter are distributed throughout the mixture.
- 4Sprinkle the entire mixture over the apples.
- 5Bake until the topping is golden and the fruit is bubbling and tender, about 1 hour and 15 minute
- 6for a large crisp and 1 hour for individual crisps.
- 7Cool slightly before serving.
- 8You can make individual crisps by dividing the filling and topping among six ramekins or individual gratin dishes.
- 9Serve with heavy cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mean Chef's Apple Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.2
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 85.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 39.7 g
- Protein 4.9 g