Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posting for ZWT4
Make and share this Mealie Soup - South African Corn Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over moderate heat.
- Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Add the corn, creamed corn milk, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with crackers.
This was a good soup. It has a very natural sweetness to it. It will make a good lunch or starter for a meal. I did scale it down as this was my first time making it. I think next time I may add a meat to it to make it a little more hardy for a r soup as meal for DH. Made for ZWT4 by CHIC CHEFS.