Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Very easy pizza crust to make using dough hook and your mixer.
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian spices
- Dissolve sugar into warm water and add yeast. Let sit until foamy.
- In mixer bowl place rest of ingredients.
- Add foamy yest mixture to bowl.
- Mix with paddle first until mixed if desired.
- Then put dough hook on and mix until dough is smooth and elastic.
- With my mixer this takes 5-7 minutes, but times may vary.
- Place dough ball in covered, greased bowl, to rise for an hour, or until doubled.
- Punch down. Divide into 2 balls and let rise again 45 minutes or until doubled, if desired. I have skipped this step before and gone straight to rolling out my crust and honestly have not been able to tell a difference too much. I have also dividied each ball into quarters for everyone to make their own pizza.
- You can top with your toppings and bake pizza 15-20 minutes at 425, or you can prebake on a stone heated at 450 for 10 minutes and then top and rebake.
- This is a very forgiving dough. as I have baked it both ways as above. I would probably prefer it with out prebaking though.
The whole family loved this pizza! I love that the crust is healthier than regular crust, and it was easy to make. Thanks for the post!