Recipe by emtpixie
I created my own version of a "meal shake" for a few reasons. Time, flavor, and price. Hopefully this will be helpful to others as well.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This smoothie made a great snack for myself ans DSs, not sure I would serve it as a meal. Used sugar free vanilla yogurt, frozen banana, strawberries, and vanilla instant breakfast. Made a creamy smoothie that went fast! Made for I Recommend Tag.
- 1 cup skim milk or 1 cup soymilk or 1 cup milk or 1 cup fruit juice, of your choice
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar-free fat-free frozen yogurt, flavor of your choice
- 1 cup frozen fruit, such as berries,pineapple,banana,etc.,cut large fruit into chunks before freezing (Drained canned fruit works very well)
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute (optional)
- 1 packet carnation instant breakfast drink mix (from a 6.3 oz. box. Your choice of flavors)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour milk or fruit juice into smoothie maker or blender (ALWAYS add all liquid ingredients to smoothie maker or blender FIRST).
- Add instant breakfast powder and Splenda, if using, to smoothie maker or blender.
- Add frozen yogurt to milk mixture.
- Add fruit to smoothie mixture.
- Place top on blender or top and stir stick on smoothie maker and blend well.
- Note: Larger chunks of fruit will not be as easy to measure, either measure them out before freezing and store in single-serving containers or use twice the amount of frozen fruit in blender or smoothie maker.
- If mixture is too thick when blended add a little more milk or fruit juice until desired consistency.
- Pour and enjoy!