Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Meat, vegetable, and dairy all on a grain "plate." I love asparagus and I eat it all kinds of ways, it tastes especially good with the Canadian bacon and creamy sauce in this recipe.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (optional)
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 English muffins (split)
- Cook asparagus, keep warm and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour, salt, and curry.
- Add milk and stir, continue to cook over medium heat until thicker and bubbly.
- Stir in eggs, set aside sauce.
- Lightly brown canadian bacon and place a slice over each muffin half.
- Arrange asparagus over bacon and spoon sauce over muffin, bacon, and asparagus.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- *Note*if cool by the time assemboing is done, may place on a cookie sheet and broil for a few minutes.
what a delicious start to the week end! i had fresh thin asparagus, and i made scramled eggs with cream cheese. placed it over the canadian bacon, the asparagus and sauce. the sauce cooked nicely in the microwave, stirring every few minutes, so easy thanks dawn