Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A flavourful and nutritious soup, high in fiber and protein.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 -2 cup cooked green lentil
- 1 -2 cup coooked chickpeas
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion, and cook until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add garlic, seasonings, tomatoes, tomato paste, and stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add lentils and chickpeas. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well, and continue cooking for 5 minutes.